Designed to be the ultimate motorcycle, the Ninja H2R was developed as a closed-course model, enabling an unadulterated pursuit of performance free of the limitations that street riding would impose. Powered by an over 300 PS supercharged engine, it offers intense acceleration, an ultra-high top speed, supersport-level handling performance, and a sensory experience surpassing anything that riders can find today.
To realise the goal of creating the ultimate motorcycle, help was enlisted from other companies in the Kawasaki Heavy Industries (KHI) Group, precipitating an unprecedented level of inter-company collaboration.
More than any motorcycle Kawasaki has built to date, the Ninja H2R is a showcase of craftsmanship, build quality and superb fit and finish. Its brilliant silver-mirror paint was specially developed for the Ninja H2R. The welding on its new trellis frame is consistently elegant. And hand assembly in an area dedicated exclusively to this model ensures an immaculate fit and finish.
The specifications mentioned here apply to and have been achieved by production models under standard operating conditions. We intend only to give a fair description of the vehicle and its performance capabilities but these specifications may not apply to every machine supplied for sale. Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. reserves the right to alter specifications without prior notice. Equipment illustrated and specifications may vary to meet individual markets. Available colours may vary by market.
Ninja H2R Cautions
The Ninja H2R is a closed course riding use only model and is not manufactured for use on public roads, streets or highways. All usage of this vehicle should be limited to riding on a closed course.
The H2R was designed to carry the operator only. Do not attempt to ride with a passenger.
Do not ride this vehicle in the rain.
Parts designed specifically for the H2R are for closed course riding use only and cannot be purchased without proof of H2R ownership (product registration, VIN confirmation, etc.).
The exhaust sound level of the H2R at the time of factory shipment is 120 dB/A using Auto Cycle Union (ACU) guidelines. It is the owner’s responsibility to confirm that noise regulations of closed courses permit vehicles reaching this level of exhaust sound. Changes to the exhaust system may alter performance and sound level.
Usage, Maintenance and Warranty
As a closed course riding use only model, specific procedures must be followed when riding and maintaining the H2R:
- Vehicle Tyres:
- The standard tyres are designed exclusively for use on a closed course. These specialty tyres are not designed for oval or partial oval course use and may not be suitable for other courses or conditions. Kawasaki recommends that you follow the tyre manufacturer's instructions and warnings, and that you consult the tyre manufacturer to select the appropriate tyres for the course or riding conditions.
Computer-controlled systems such as KIBS, KTRC, etc are tuned to the standard tyres. Use of tyres other than the standard tyres could affect performance of these systems.
Front: Bridgestone, Racing Battlax V01F Soft
Rear: Bridgestone, Racing Battlax V01R Medium
- Tyre Warmers:
- To prevent loss of tyre grip, always use tyre warmers to heat tyres prior to riding the H2R. Cold tyres do not provide sufficient grip and may cause loss of vehicle control and/or a crash, which could result in injury or death.
- Vehicle Storage:
- When storing the H2R, always use front and rear motorcycle stands that keep both tyres off the ground. This will prevent tyre deformation and adverse impacts on performance.
- Vehicle Maintenance:
- In addition to regular periodic maintenance, service inspections are required every 15 hours of engine operation above 8,000 min-1 (rpm). These service intervals are monitored through the vehicle’s ECU with service messages displayed on the multifunction meter. (See Owner’s Manual for additional information)
- Vehicle Warranty:
- The H2R is sold “As is” with no warranties, express or implied. The purchaser accepts all responsibilities concerning cost of service, maintenance and repairs.